Re: How to get rid of unused activities?

Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I'm not actively using KDE's activities, but for some reason >20 of them
> have accumulated behind my back, as I only noticed accidentally. As I
> only need just one of them, I'd like to get rid of the rest.
>
> In KDE 4.5.3 (Debian experimental-snapshots), the context menu on the
> desktop has an entry "Activities" that shows a bar of activities at the
> bottom of the screen. In my case, they have somewhat strange icons and
> all are named "Desktop". I didn't find any help anywhere, but apparently
> I can stop an activity by clicking in the upper right corner of its icon
> and in turn a small x is shown there.

clicking on the red "x" will remove the activity
activities can be stopped by clicking on the square black and white icon in
the center of the activity icon

> As the x'ed activities didn't
> disappear right then, I restarted the session, only to find the number
> of activities to have grown even more.

each time you start a session, you have new activities?
looks like a bug

> As far as I can tell, the configuration of actities (among other things)
> is stored in ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc. I haven't yet
> tried to delete this file as I don't want to lose the "other things".
>
> Is there a way to clean up the mess and avoid it in the future?

I would suggest to ask on the kde forum, then to report a bug. Activities
are not supposed to be created automatically at start-up.

	xavier