Re: kpanel in Squeeze not coming up reliably

Adrian,

many thanks for your reply. I followed your .xsession-errors suggestion, after
I saw a broken KDE startup today again. As you mentioned, it is not easy to do
that, the .xsession-errors file is 1.6 MB long (!).

Since my post and your reply are some days back and self-contained

I observe from time to time, that during the start of my KDE session, the
panel, all plasmoid, the screen background, etc. die. Essentially I see only
windows from the previous session, nothing else.

When I compare .xsession-errors from such a broken startup with a good
startup, I see these additional entries there (I see these rarely, therefore I
have only one testcase so far):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma_scriptengine_python/pyappletscript.py", line
75, in init
self.pyapplet.init()
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/main.py", line 98, in init
self.readConfig()
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/main.py", line 117, in readConfig
self.updateMessages()
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/main.py", line 141, in updateMessages
messages=self.server.getNewMessages()
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/anbieter/sipgate.py", line 129, in getNewMessages
self.__connect()
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/anbieter/sipgate.py", line 75, in __connect
self.__send_method(self.samurai.ClientIdentify, args_identify)
File "/home/rd/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/sipgate-
plasmoid/contents/code/anbieter/sipgate.py", line 83, in __send_method
xmlrpc_result = func(args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1199, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1489, in __request
verbose=self.__verbose
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xmlrpclib.py", line 1243, in request
headers
xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for
rdorsch:None@samurai.sipgate.net/RPC2: 401 Authorization Required>

I cannot say for sure that the sipgate plasmoid http://kde-
look.org/content/show.php/Sipgate-plasmoid?content=114887 is the reason that
the startup of the session is broken, but at least I see the difference above
in the .xsession-errors file.

The complete .xsession-errors files (good start and broken start) are here:

http://bokomoko.de/~rd/sipgate-plasmoid/

Any insight what is the problem, if not the sipgate plasmoid, is very welcome.

For now, I remove the sipgate plasmoid and check if the startup becomes more
reliable...

Thanks,
Rainer

--