Re: Ktorrent WebUI

On Sunday August 1 2010 5:03:05 am Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On sekmadienis 01 Rugpjūtis 2010 13:26:02 Matthew Moore wrote:
> > >
> > > No, it is not. Web UI is an additional feature (plugin). If plugin is
> > > not loaded, so is not its configuration. That's true for all plugins.
> >
> > Prior to the KDE4 version, ktorrent would load/unload plugins with an
> > interface in the settings dialog. Now there is a tab on the main screen.
> >
> > I think that the point was that having the load/unload functionality on a
> > dedicated tab on the main screen is not as intuitive as having it inside
> > the settings dialog.
>
> Well, plugins are about functionality first (plugins typically modify
> ktorrent interface), then about settings (like the application itself). So
> there is a point to have them in the main window. I think the main
> frustration comes from the fact that it is a bit different than it used to
> be therefore  it just needs some time to get addicted to.

I agree that most people complaining are just complaining because it is
different. However, how often does the average user interact with the plugins
tab on the main window? Maybe once or twice when they first start using the
program. Wouldn't it make more sense to put the plugins inside some dialog
accessible from a menu, like settings->plugins...?

MM