Re: Ktorrent WebUI

Hello,

On sekmadienis 01 Rugpjūtis 2010 13:26:02 Matthew Moore wrote:
> On Sunday 01 August 2010 1:47:57 am Modestas Vainius wrote:
> > On sekmadienis 01 Rugpjūtis 2010 03:36:22 Cassiano Leal wrote:
> > > That said, I think that there's some usability issue there. In order
> > > to enable the WebUI plugin I have to go to the Plugins tab in the main
> > > window. Only then the Web Interface configuration widget appears in
> > > the Settings window. That's a bit awkward IMO. I might file a bug
> > > against it.
> >
> > No, it is not. Web UI is an additional feature (plugin). If plugin is not
> > loaded, so is not its configuration. That's true for all plugins.
>
> Prior to the KDE4 version, ktorrent would load/unload plugins with an
> interface in the settings dialog. Now there is a tab on the main screen.
>
> I think that the point was that having the load/unload functionality on a
> dedicated tab on the main screen is not as intuitive as having it inside
> the settings dialog.

Well, plugins are about functionality first (plugins typically modify ktorrent
interface), then about settings (like the application itself). So there is a
point to have them in the main window. I think the main frustration comes from
the fact that it is a bit different than it used to be therefore it just needs
some time to get addicted to.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>