Re: Koffice plans for squeeze?

On Monday 29 March 2010 12:25:14 pm Ana Guerrero wrote:

> > If Squeeze dosen't ship with Koffice is it expected to make a showing in
> > backports fairly soon after the release?  Keeping a Lenny install in
> > VirtualBox is not my preferred solution so  I'd rather keep my stable
> > workstation at Lenny until Koffice is available for Squeeze via backports
> > if that will be an option.
>
> Whether KOffice2 will ship in Squeeze is still undefined. Koffice 2.0 and
>  2.1 were not really suitable for the final user. Currently KOffice 2.2.0
>  is in beta phase but there is not a date set for the final release. Once
>  we have KDE 4.4 in unstable (and there is not a date for this) I will
>  update KOffice in *experimental* to the latest (pre)release of 2.2.0.
>
> About using KOffice in your testing/unstable system, you can try using
>  koffice2 from experimental.

If KOffice is not ready in time for Squeeze, is it the intention of the KDE team
to make KOffice packages available for Squeeze via Debian Backports as soon as
it is viable?

I'm more than ready to get rid of KDE 3.5, but in some way I'll have to keep
running it until KOffice is available for squeeze or until squeeze +1 (ugh).