Nepomuk: re-checking the strigi index constantly

I've upgraded to the fresh 4.4.2 packages and now Nepomuk apparently
finishes its indexing work. In my case, it stops at a (reasonable)
143.492 files. Nice.

As far as I can tell, Nepomuk periodically re-checks the index. It
blazes through the indexed folders, not taking much time per folder, but
overall, considering the number of indexed files, it takes quite a
while. Unfortunately, about as long as the checking interval. So, in
effect, Nepomuk appears to be re-checking its index most of the time, in
the process using more than 100% CPU (dual core) among virtuoso, strigi,
and other nepomukservices.

Apparently, a new
/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice
is started every 8 or 9 minutes. from ~/.xsession-errors I can't see
anything that indicates that these processes are crashing.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de