Re: Questions about building KDE from SVN

El Sábado, 20 de Marzo de 2010, Kevin Krammer escribió:
> I recommend running the apps in a separate user account, especially is
> testing requires modify infrastructure/services.

I've always disliked this approach, but I have to admit that it probably is
the most popular one among KDE developers, from what I see on the
documentation, the blogs, etc.

Valerio, if you want to do it this way, it's documented with detail on
TechBase.kde.org, and in the kdesvn-build manual, which is a tool that you
might consider using too.

I personally always avoided this approach, because it adds a complication that
I've always found unnecessary (maybe others have found a problem that I do
not). It adds an "ugly" user to the KDM login dialog, it requires you to use
su/sudo, maybe even run make twice, and you have to do workarounds to read or
write your files with the other user.

But you know, everyone has his preferred ways of doing things. :)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2