Re: Need for help in patching and packaging kdebase

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Valerio Passini
<valerio.passini@unicam.it> wrote:
> Alle martedì 09 marzo 2010, George Kiagiadakis ha scritto:
>> Have you actually read the error message? It explains everything.
>> kdebase-runtime-dbg depends on kdelibs5-dbg but kdelibs5-dbg is not
>> installed. All you have to do is to install kdelibs5-dbg. Note that
>> dpkg does not automatically resolve dependencies, if that's what you
>> were expecting. You need a higher level tool for that, like apt-get
>> and aptitude.
>
> Sorry George, I meant that the dependencies were not automatically
> resolvable by apt or aptitude. This is the output from aptitude:

>  kdelibs5-dbg{b}
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
> Need to get 103MB of archives. After unpacking 285MB will be used.
>  kdelibs5-dbg: Depends: libqt4-dbg (>= 4:4.6) but it is not going to be
> installed.
> The following actions will resolve these dependencies:
>
>     Keep the following packages at their current version:
> 1)     kdelibs5-dbg [Not Installed]
>
>     Tier: Cancel all user actions (20000)
>
> Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]
>
> With N, aptitude ask to downgrade KDE that is against the purpose of
> testing strigi.

aptitude sometimes is too stupid to do the correct thing. The problem
is that the version of libqt4-dbg that it needs is in experimental, so
it avoids installing it by all possible means... Try "aptitude -t
experimental install libqt4-dbg" first and see if that helps.