Re: Need for help in patching and packaging kdebase

Alle martedì 09 marzo 2010, George Kiagiadakis ha scritto:
> Have you actually read the error message? It explains everything.
> kdebase-runtime-dbg depends on kdelibs5-dbg but kdelibs5-dbg is not
> installed. All you have to do is to install kdelibs5-dbg. Note that
> dpkg does not automatically resolve dependencies, if that's what you
> were expecting. You need a higher level tool for that, like apt-get
> and aptitude.

Sorry George, I meant that the dependencies were not automatically
resolvable by apt or aptitude. This is the output from aptitude:

  kdelibs5-dbg{b}
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 103MB of archives. After unpacking 285MB will be used.
  kdelibs5-dbg: Depends: libqt4-dbg (>= 4:4.6) but it is not going to be
installed.

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
1)     kdelibs5-dbg [Not Installed]

     Tier: Cancel all user actions (20000)

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?]

With N, aptitude ask to downgrade KDE that is against the purpose of
testing strigi.