Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Andreas Bourges:
> Hi,
>
> ...KDE SC 4.4.1 is running now :) First problem I had - kdm doesn't
> start :( I had to start X myself and called startkde afterwards?! When
> calling kdm myself I got a warning which indicated that some
> @@variables were not replaced during install.
>
> I will investigate that problem tonight - maybe it's related to my
> stupidity doing the upgrade in a running KDE environment ;-) - at some
> time I lost the Konsole window where aptitute was running, hat to kill
> it, and restart it on console...

Happened here too: And I guess it might be related to:

shambhala:/etc/kde4/kdm> grep @@ kdmrc
Theme=@@@ToBeReplacedByDesktopBase@@@

But then I tried with:

shambhala:/etc/kde4/kdm> grep UseTheme kdmrc
# overridden settings are: UseBackground, BackgroundCfg, UseTheme, Theme.
UseTheme=false

and it didn't work either.

Anyway, via startx it works nicely so far.

Nepomuk tells on startup:

"Nepomuk Semantic Desktop needs the Virtuose RDF server to store its
data."

And on first time I tried to activate the strigi indexer, it could not be
started. But now it appears to be running.

Hmmm, and the active window has a nice blue glow effect around it ;)

Ciao,