Re: Semi-official KDE SC 4.4.1 available (external repository)

On 2010-03-05, Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> --nextPart4124381.bPoYQKQ9Vt
>
> Am Freitag 05 M=E4rz 2010 schrieb Modestas Vainius:
>> Hello,
>>=20
>> if you are interested in upgrading to KDE SC 4.4.1 and giving
>>  developers some feedback about packaging quality, check
>>  http://qt-kde.debian.net/ .
>>=20
>> At the moment, all packages except kdesdk, kde-l10n and kdebindings are
>> available.
>
> If I were to rebuild digikam for KDE 4.4.1 SC, which version string should=
>=20
> I use? 2:1.1.0-1 as in unstable or 3:1.1.0-1 or what? I just ask in case=20
> anyone else wanted this, for my local installation I do not care that=20
> much.

use currentversion+steigerwald1  or something like that. e.g.
if the version in debian is 1:3.4-4, use 1:3.4-3+steigerwald1

then you
a) have it at a higher version than what's currently in the archive and
   apt wont try to replace it with what's in the archive
b) have it at a lower version than what's next in the archive, and you
   will automatically get a upgrade when possible
c) have it tagged as 'this is my local rebuild' even in the version
   string

/Sune