simple question

Hi,

I am programmer of QT at window environment for few years and know c/c++ many years. I like it a lot and want to expand into linux. My use of linux will be server for small business and remote access by either web application, client-server application, and vpn remote desktop. I heard good comments on debian package for server performance and found your group for kde/qt. I will install my first linux over an old dell (only 6 year old). I have used linux file server in command line. I like the command line and ssh access with scripting language. My plan for this server/desktop is my own file server (secure must), development environment for c/c++ with Qt, remote access to database postgresql with c/c++ and web application, remote desktop to use my own application when travel, etc.

Am I making good decision on this?

Thanks,

Kai Xin