Re: keyboard problems after 4.5.1

Am Freitag 10 September 2010 schrieb Zsolt Rizsanyi:
> Hi!
>
> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Andreas Bourges <andy-lists@bourges.de>
wrote:
> > there's just one thing which doesn't work after the uprade: my
> > keyboard behaves a bit strange now.
> >
> > examples: the left- and up-arrow (separate arrow-keys, not num-pad)
> > doesn't work anymore (yes - right- and down-arrows work). The
> > arrow-keys on the num- pad work without problems.
>
> I have something similar happening to me recently, but in my case I
> know for sure that it is not related to the kde 4.5.1 upgrade. Still I
> think your issue might be the same.
>
> Sometimes after waking up my notebook from sleep some keys stop
> working. These include the arrow keys, but also my 'windows' key,
> Home/End. Others I believe work. BTW they still work, but are detected
> as different characters. Eg. down arrow key results in printscreen and
> kscreenshot starts.
>
> It _might_ be related to my upgrade to kernel 2.6.35.
>
> Reboot always fixes this for me. If you haven't tried reboot, then I
> suggest you try it now.
> If your issue is something else, then sorry for the noise.

I seen some issues, too, also prior to KDE 4.5.1 already. Some keys do not
work as expected. For example sometimes in Konsole the Return key does not
work.

Now with KDE 4.5.1 I had some problem in screen lock password dialog: It
fed keys of my password to the other widgets as well, as if I had pressed
Alt with seem. I was not able to unlock the desktop without killing the
locker process from a tty. I was not able to reproduce it so far.

Maybe thats some X.org issue? I still use X.org mouse and keyboard drivers
as I didn't figure how to do the udev / Linux Input thing statically. And
dynamically it didn't yet exact the results I wanted. I don't want mouse
clicks via touchpad for example. And I think also the keyboard layout was
wrong. Maybe own tweaks could be done more easily with xorg.conf.d but I
didn't yet look into it and still have my quite static in regard to input
devices X.org configuration file.

I am using some special 2.6.36-rc3 at the moment, but I had those keyboard
issue at times with 2.6.33 already. Sometimes they go away when I switch
to a TTY and then back to X.org. On other times I restarted X.

I never had any issues with the keyboard on a TTY tough, so I think its an
X.org issue.