Can anyone enlighten me or point me to an explanation of what the
various Akonadi agents do?
Looking at akonadiconsole, I found that I had several duplicate agents
for Personal Contacts and some other resources. I trimmed them down to
- Personal Contacts, using /home/michael/.local/share/contacts/
- Nepomuk Contact Feeder
- Another vcard resource for a single read-only vcard file
- Mail Dispatcher Agent (what's that for)
- std.ics, using /home/michael/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics
- Birthdays & Anniversaries
Note that I only deleted obvious duplicates and unconfigured agents.
I have no clear idea what agents for "Bookmarks", "Dummy MailTransport
Resource", "Maildir", "Mbox", "POP3", "Notes", "Nepomuk Tags", "Usenet
Newsgroups" are good for. None of these are or were running.