Where does Kontact save contacts?

I'm flabbergasted. I thought I understood where and how
Kontact/KAddressbook saves contact data, i.e. in
~/.local/share/contacts. So it says in the properties for my "Personal
Contacts" address book. Well, if I change any contact information,
Kontact does save it somewhere, as the change is still there are a
restart. But the change does *not* show up in that directory.

The address book is not marked as "read only" and the directory is
writable. KDE is from current unstable.

(My parallel posting on Akonadi agents may be relevant.)

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de