Re: What needs to improve in KDE 4?

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> * On 2010 11 May 15:50 -0500, Marc Haber wrote:
>> >
>> > No, Akonadi stores some stuff in ~/.config/
>>
>> So one is better off by using a completely new accout (and ditching it
>> afterwards).
>
> That will prove rather quickly if the trouble is local or system wide.
>
> My regret by moving ~/.local out of the way

You don't have to move out ~/.local, it contains data.
Akonadi store its configuration files in ~/config and store its data in
~/.local/share/Akonadi (plus the mysql.conf file)
Other folders under ~/.local/share may store data used by Akonadi like
contacts and local-mail (it depends on your configuration). Most emails are
still stored in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail folder.
You may decide to remove the ~/.local/share/Akonadi folder to rebuild the
database, but you don't need to.
Neither one need to move the entire ~/.kde tree (in most testing case), just
change ~/.kde/share/config

xavier