Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 00:43, Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is technically impossible to lie if stating an opinion.

If I prefer vanilla and say "I prefer chocolate", I lie.

I hope I could light the whole situation up with that :)

Now, to be serious once again:
This whole thing is obviously loaded with emotions on both sides.
Having crossed the line of "KDE 4 is good enough for general
use" just recently, I think I can understand both sides.
Especially as I can see several reasons why each "side" would
be annoyed and tired because of the "other" side's recurring
arguments. Let's face it, neither "side" is contributing anything
new or interesting, at this point.

Tiredness leads to anger. Anger leads to agressiveness.
Agressiveness leads to ad hominem attacks.

There have been statements on both sides which were a
lot less than ideal, but as they can not be taken back there
is not much use crying over this specific spilt milk.

Long story short:

Stopping the fruitless back and forth which has developed
a life of its own is the first step in a positive direction.
Stop, breathe deeply, count to ten and just delete
whatever you might have sent.

I suggest that each "side" limits themselves solely to
constructive postings in their respective threads and
don't post in the other's threads.

And now, I sleep :)
Richard