Re: Fwd: Re: Kde 3.5 ...

Hi Mike!

Am Montag 10 Mai 2010 schrieb Mike Bird:
> On Mon May 10 2010 05:47:08 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Just let them go, Adrian. When I to to fix KDE 4 for these two, I am
> > "obstructing KDE 3.5 at every opportunity". Let them troll themselves
> > into obscurity. At least they cannot complain that nobody tried to
> > help them get the features they need into KDE 4. Well, they will
> > complain about that because apparently I "ordered" them to tell me
> > what is wrong with KDE 4, instead of simply deducing that out of thin
> > air.
>
> Please note the subject of this thread.  This thread is about
> how users can best continue using KDE 3.5, or alternatively
> where to migrate when Lenny is EOL'd.

What do you want to achieve in this thread on this debian-kde user support
mailinglist?

Resurrecting KDE 3.5 for Debian?

Well did you?

If not, I suggest you to try it elsewhere.

Possible places are:

- debian-qt-kde@lists.debian.org since that is where development of Debian
KDE packages is coordinated

- Trinity Desktop Environment / Vector Linux

This is for KDE user support. KDE 3.5 in Lenny. KDE 4 in Squeeze unless
someone - except the current Debian KDE / Qt developer team - does and
maintains KDE 3.5 packages that are co-installable and meet Debians high
packaging standards.

This list is not for development issues like developing / maintaining KDE
3.5 packages for Squeeze.

So IMHO any further request for KDE 3.5 in Squeeze is off topic on this
list as Debian KDE/Qt maintainers repeatedly said they won't.

You want KDE 3.5 for Squeeze? Spend your energy towards that goal. Here it
apparently does not change the situation.

Ciao,