Re: KDE Issues under "Squeeze"

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:49:44PM -0500, lrhorer wrote:
>         Secondly, KPackage is badly broken.  It only shows a handful of
> applications installed or available.  Synaptic or aptitude show
> thousands available and hundreds installed, of course.  What's more, I

Then use aptitude.. ;)

> no longer see how one can manage the sources in the new KDE4 KPackage.

Feature. Just don't :-) (Personal opinion)

> In KDE3, one could not only easily manage the apt sources from inside
> the app, but also RPM repositories.  Now I don't see how to manage the
> apt sources (I can manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list, of course) or
> how to manage rpm sources, at all.

You must not install rpms on a Debian system if you need sanitiy. Besides
that installing rpms from a repos would not work because you don't have the
dependencies they require (because they're either not there, have "wrong"
package names, or simply are not recorded in the rpm database)

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70