Re: konqueror and flash

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Nick Leverton <nick@leverton.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 08:24:46PM +0100, roberto wrote:
>> > What plugin does "about:plugins" tell you for MIME type
>> > application/x-shockwave-flash (the fourth column, in English it's headed
>> > "Types") ?  Note there may be more than one plugin handling that type.
>>
>> sorry, may you point me more exactely to the place where this fourth column is ?
>
> Hi Roberto,
>
> Open Konqueror and type "about:plugins" into the location bar.
>
> You should get a table with a summary of all installed plugins, and
> the MIME types they handle.  The four columns are Plugin, Description,
> File(name), (MIME)Types.
great explanation !
thank you

> The first table, with plugin names/versions, is what I would look at
> to diagnose Flash problems - which are regrettably frequent due to the
> number of possibilities you can install.  If you can help with telling
> which plugin(s) handle x-shockwave-flash on your system, I will compare
> it and see if we can come up with some ideas to try.
well: i can't see anything related to flash
infact i can see only four lines (pipes stand for columns separators),
the first being:
Java Plug-in  | Java Plug-in KJAS for Konqueror  | kjavaappletviewer.so |
  application/x-java-applet - Java Applet (class)
application/x-java-bean - JavaBeans (jar)

then two lines follow about Adobe Acrobat and then i find only one
line about Squeak;
no more

thanks
--