Re: konqueror and flash

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 08:24:46PM +0100, roberto wrote:
> > What plugin does "about:plugins" tell you for MIME type
> > application/x-shockwave-flash (the fourth column, in English it's headed
> > "Types") ?  Note there may be more than one plugin handling that type.
>
> sorry, may you point me more exactely to the place where this fourth column is ?

Hi Roberto,

Open Konqueror and type "about:plugins" into the location bar.

You should get a table with a summary of all installed plugins, and
the MIME types they handle.  The four columns are Plugin, Description,
File(name), (MIME)Types.

Following that table there is another table of Mime Type, Description,
Suffixes, Plugin but I don't find that so useful.

The first table, with plugin names/versions, is what I would look at
to diagnose Flash problems - which are regrettably frequent due to the
number of possibilities you can install.  If you can help with telling
which plugin(s) handle x-shockwave-flash on your system, I will compare
it and see if we can come up with some ideas to try.

Nick