Re: KDE Support in Debian

Hi again, Scott:

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 14:18:40 Scott wrote:
> Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> >>
> >> Then you are the looked-for standard Debian Testing user.
> >
> > W00t!  More people correctly using testing!  The next version of stable
> > is looking better all the time!
>
> Thank you.  It is great to feel wanted. :)

Your feeling is well earned as your role as tester is quite a valious one.

> Personally, I want to do
> more than bug testing in the future.  I am trying to learn enough of
> programming to start actually doing a little coding someday.

Then both you and the community will get benefit from you using Sid when you
feel ready (where the environment allows for it, maybe a "for-fun" machine or
a chrooted/virtualized environment where you can upgrade and test without
fear for the results).

While the focus on Testing is for the user to provide good quality bug
reports, Sid goes beyond that: it benefit the most when you can take the time
to dive into the technical details of those bugs that itch you most, maybe
narrowing the conditions where the bug appears, maybe having a look at the
sources to find what's wrong (which will certainly make you embetter your
coding abilities at a faster pace) or even, in the best cases, providing a
thought out patch or resolution for the problem at hand.

> Your friend,

Keep your enthusiasm.