Re: Is KDE sound daemon causing audio problems?

On Saturday 07 November 2009 15:26:18 Cassiano Leal wrote:
> 2009/11/7 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@gmail.com>:
> > On Friday 06 November 2009 21:56:03 Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >> It's not the end of the world or even an app I use much.  I was just
> >> curious of the experiences of others.  Thaks for the help.
> >
> > I do have problems if I have any sound source runnning. For example, it's
> > impossible to hear a flash audio (youtube) if amarok is open (even if it
> > is not playing). Also, if amarok is playing, some sound notifications
> > will not be heard, or heard ver crappy (kopete, konversation,...).
> >
> > I'm using the xine backend for phonon.
>
> You sure you're not running pulseaudio? I had this exact same symptoms
> when I had pulse installed. Purging it and logging out and in solved
> my problem.

I just have libpulse0, but not any pulseaudio* package. :-/

Regards, Lisandro.

--
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
very selective about who it decides to make friends with.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/