Re: New plasma-widgets

Hello,

On 2009 m. March 28 d., Saturday 01:13:33 Manolete, ese artista... wrote:
> like brused gold, :-/ I hope these plasmoids will add the more weather
> services to choose in future versions.
Plasmoids themselves should not retrieve weather forecast data. This is done
by weather dataengines (plasma_engine_weather.so) which are in plasma-
dataengines-workspace package. This way all plasmoids can use the same
sources. Those custom plasmoids will be never be official KDE ones if they
reinvent the wheel and retrieve data from custom sources themselves. The goal
is to integrate a new better source weather dataengine hence all weather
plasmoids can use them.

I have to agree though that the current selection of datasources is really
poor. On the other hand, kweather (KDE 3) was almost perfect (expect it didn't
provide forecast data).

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>