Re: Qt4.5 vs. KDE4.2

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:18 PM, David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:
On Tuesday 17 March 2009 22:45:58 Cassiano Leal wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Fathi Boudra <fabo@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Anyone knows if Qt4.5 that's in experimental has those new
> >
> > super-ultra-fast
> >
> > > graphics rasterizer that's supposed to work 200x faster than X sw
> >
> > rendering?
> >
> > You can enable it per application:
> > appname --graphicssystem raster
>
> Thanks for the tip! I would really like it to be the default, though...
>
> you can forget 200x faster :)
>

> Maybe, but in my setup (915GM with two monitors), restarting plasma and
> kwin with raster actually makes it possible to use desktop effects with
> XRender
I would love to be able to control how all this stuff starts. Not just plasma
with the raster, but nicing, ionicing all those akonadi/krunner thingies that
slow kde4 to a crawl when first getting going!

Is there any documentation to all this stuff? I didn't even know that such things existed / were configurable! :)

Cheers,
Cassiano Leal