Re: Debian 5 with kde 3.5 (basic install)

On Monday 09 March 2009 16:25:35 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > Debian 5 is released with KDE3.5 but seems without support any more

> > pity, but ce la vie :-)
>
> I don't believe this to be the case.  Upstream may not be supporting
> KDE 3.5 anymore, but by including it in stable/main, Debian has
> committed to the standard level of support for KDE 3.5 throughout the
> lifetime of Lenny.

I am using Debian 5 with KDE 3.5.10.  Rock solid still, with the exception of
a couple of new, minor, but occasionally irritating, glitches in KMail.

But I can't speak as to the vagaries of numlock because I don't use it much.
It is currently off, or rather, the light is, but I have no idea what happens
when I boot up.  I'll try to remember to look next time I am booting.

Lisi

P.S. I have just checked.  Numlock is indeed off.