Re: Debian 5 with kde 3.5 (basic install)

On 3 mrt, 07:30, Soren Stoutner <so...@stoutner.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 01 March 2009 06:36:33 am ddkconsulta...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Sorry but I am just a newbie, so forgive me in advance :-)
>
> > I just want to get my great Debian 5 with KDE start ups with numlock
> > on and the numlock led on.
>
> > I googled a lot but nu solution found.
>
> > KDE numlock on setting puts it on but not the led!
>
> > Leds=+num is being switch off when KDE starts up
>
> A few of questions.
>
> 1)  Is your numlock turned on or off at boot in the BIOS?  In other words, is
> KDE turning the numlock off or is it just leaving it off?
>
> 2)  What type of keyboard are you using?  Specifically, is it wireless or
> wired and is it a basic keyboard or does it have a lot of extra buttons?
>
> 3)  Which KDE setting are you referring to when you say "KDE numlock on
> setting puts it on but not the led!"?  Are you referring to the setting found
> under Control Center -> Peripherals -> Keyboard?
>
> Soren
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1 KWeergevenDownloaden

To all,

many thanks for your responses.
Debian 5 is released with KDE3.5 but seems without support any more a
pity, but ce la vie :-)

So I installed Gnome instead and my keyboard is working without any
problems even the specials key are working like sound up or down.

I have given KDE4.1 and 4.2 but for a newbie in Linux I got so many
errors when using basic software I will wait till Debian 6 or 7 :-)))

regards from Belgium,

Danny