No xorg dependency for kde-minimal?

Hello,

I'm setting up a virtualbox image to do some testing and installed kde-minimal into it.
After rebooting I didn't see KDE start up and executing 'startkde' produced the following msg:
"$DISPLAY is not set or cannot connect to the X server."
Searching with aptitude revealed that no single xorg package was installed.

While I realise that this is kde-minimal, but isn't this a bit too minimal (=useless)?
(I know how to fix it, so no need to explain that)

Regards,
  Diederik