Re: Am I alone?

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Manolete, ese artista...
<variosinftk@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I began to read your mail and your recommendation to stick with 3.5.9 I first thought you were going to complain about plasma configurations disappearing, K3b, Kdebluetooth, Quanta, Nepomuk, etc, in KDE 4, well, more exactly about their inexistence or miserable status 2 years after KDE 4 began to make our "dream come true"; I was thinking "wow, a guy who thinks we have enough eyecandy and it's time to go efficient and useful, and has the b*lls to say it publicly without fear to be calle a troll, or to have answers like 'stick with Windows or buy a Mac', 'KDE is made by volunteers, do it yourself or shut the f*ck up', and such", hehe. But now I think you are not exactly a critic but a very "bad-lucked" guy, :-/.

Good one.
I don't share any of the OP's issues either. (Well, I neither use
konqueror nor kmail. And I certainly don't to keep half a dozen tabs
open while logging off. My single KDE sessions run for ~ a week. and I
prefer to start with a fresh clean desktop at KDE log on)

But I do share the general feeling of "things should / could have been
much better in the KDE land." And I most certainly miss the "crispy,
snappy" feeling of KDE 3.5. In good old days, Konqueror used to fire
up at the blink of an eye. Now, it takes almost 3-4 secs to display
that flashy "blue screen of konqueror introduction." I can see the svg
background drawing slowly..  Yeah its easy to blame it on nvidia / amd
/ intel (for laptops) (so whom are we left with?) ;)

As someone mentioned, of late I think, sidux has done a decent job in
taming the unruly Sid with KDE. I think it is safe to say that my
patience with KDE can be attributed to a large extent to sidux.

--
Regards
PK