KMail - 4.2.4 outdated documentation...?

Hello Debian packagers of KDE.
	Regrettably I have reached the same conclusion as a number of other posters
to this mailing list.  After being a happy user of Debian "unstable" and the
associated/developing KDE packages for four+ years, also through the KDE 2->3
transition, I have had to step back for a while.  The 3->4 transition, even
with 4.2.4, is too much.  KMail, the most crucial tool for my day-to-day
use - the first graphical MUA that I have ever been satisfied with, that
allows me to work as a "power user" -  is simply not up to mark, even in
4.2.4.  I have found it necessary to freeze my day-to-day PC at "lenny" and
it will stay there until I find that KMail is working properly again.
	But I don't intend to whine.  That is not proper - to whine about something
that comes to you for free... No, I want to help.
	There are a long list of aspects of KMail 4.2.4 that I am not comfortable
with.  But the first obstacle, at least in the Debian packaging, is, that the
documentation is something like four years out of sync.  If you do an "F1" in
4.2.4 KMail, you get a text that is called Revision 1.7 (2004-07-13).  And it
really is 2004.  It does not talk about 4.2.4 at all - basically I think it is
about a KDE 2 version of KMail, marginally useful for the KDE 3 version,
completely useless for KDE 4.
	For instance, I would dearly like an elaboration of the statement "You do not
have to use your mouse to use KMail. Everything can be done by using Keyboard
Shortcuts.".  That statement does not seem to be true in 4.2.4, at the very
least the list of shortcuts is - excuse the pun - too short.
	Can someone, preferrably one of the packagers, talk about the state of the
documentation of KMail?  I mean, it is really miserable.  If someone at
the KDE upstream is known to be working on it, I'll just wait patiently.  But
if not, I offer my assistance in updating it.  I am not without experience in
reading code and translating it into user documentation.

best regards
				Peder Chr. Nørgaard

--
Peder Chr. Nørgaard     e-mail: pcn@pogt.dk