Re: KDE 4 simply broken

Hello,

On 2009 m. May 15 d., Friday 12:54:02 Marcus Better wrote:
> Your statement "restarting it usually solves most issues" also seems, to my
> mind, to contradict the statement that it is usable - that's my subjective
> opinion of course, but I also don't think mainstream users find such issues
> in mail clients acceptable.
Restarting, crashes etc. are very RARE cases. Bad things happen sometimes. You
may argue that releasable == perfect, but the world itself is not perfect. The
most important thing that there is nothing critical or grave about kmail.

> > If you hate kmail, switch to something else. Plain simple.
>
> My mail was about the suitability of kmail for release so there's no need
> to get personal. (And I don't hate kmail, I quite like its features which
> is why I spent time on bug reports and testing.)
Questioning suitability for release is declaring that kmail has problems which
render it completely unusable for most people. You mentioned a bit annoying
problems (most of which happen to be your pet bugs), but they do not render
kmail unusable for others. My reaction was to your statement about "keeping it
from testing", not about your opinion which you are obviously entitled to.

--
Modestas Vainius <modestas@vainius.eu>