Re: KDE 4 simply broken

On 2009-05-14, jedd <jedd@progsoc.org> wrote:
>> kdesu is a part of kde and fully available in your KDE libexec dir.
>> <alt f2> kdesu systemsettings - there you go.
>
>  Okay, then I have the problem of /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/ not being
>  in my path.  I see that there's a kdesu_stub (part of kdelibs4 & 5)
>  but that's not immediately helpful here of course.
>
>  Is that really in the PATH for kde4?  If so, any ideas why it's not
>  for me and/or where would it normally be set, so I can track it
>  down.

krunner looks in libexec dir as well, so it should work.

>> You seem to have some display corruptions. Especially the intel
>> driver is currently known for having big issues with that.
>
>  Yes, I've heard nasty rumours about the Intel driver being a bit
>  dodgy, but I was using the same driver on xorg for the previous
>  six months.  Consequently I think it'd be a bit disingenuous to
>  attribute my current, and quite chronic woes to a graphics driver
>  that worked just fine with KDE 3.5.x

KDE4 is in general identifying several bugs related to X.
But you are claiming you haven't upgraded your X in 6 months?

>> If someone wants to save quanta, they are free to do it. It is soon
>> gone from debian unstable, if not already.
>
>  I've already filed a bug with this, and had a bit of a yak with
>  the Debian developer, who seemed happy with my proposed solution
>  (he thought he'd already done it, as it happens) - quanta will work
>  fine in KDE4, it's just a (distribution-related) dependency problem.

There is no quanta sources is unstable, so someone needs to do
something.

Else, I'm planning to close all open quanta bugs soon with a "removed
from debian".

/Sune