Re: State of Konqueror

Hi,

Michael Thaler wrote:

> The webkit kpart is not finished. Complaining about Konqueror will not change this.

once again, I'm not complaining just reporting. I don't care wether webkit kpart will be finished or not. I don't care very much wether or not the bugs in KHTML will be fixed. I can live happily without Konqueror just as much as Konqueror will not even notice me dropping it as my default browser.

But, I *did* like using Konqueror. I *did* like filing bug reports and helping Konqueror enhance. I *do* miss lots of features in Iceweasel that I like very much in Konqueror (e.g. such simple things as easily clearing the URL field with just one click).

Right now, the ratio (pages visited)/(number of crashes or rendering problems) has turned in a way that would keep me too busy reporting bugs. So I don't use Konqueror anymore.

If one fine day Konqueror will render about 90% (felt percentage) of my regularly visited pages without problems again *then* will I think again about using Konqueror as the default browser *and then* will I go back reporting bugs. Be it for a Webkit or a KHTML engine then.

But, one problem remains. I don't know how to tell _when_ Konqueror is in that state again without using it regularly. So, in effect I'm lost for Konqueror and its developers (not that anyone would care...).

Kind regards,

Felix