Re: Intel 945GM card and KWin Effects - anyone with good, fast performance ?

On Sunday 26 April 2009 14:15:27 you wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In my case (945GM) , there are two solutions for the performance
>
> degradation in previous intel drivers (desktop effects experience only):
>
> With 2.6.29 kernel:
>
> - Use the Intel driver 2.6.1, good performance
> - Use the 2.7. 0 driver with
>
>        Option          "Tiling"        "false"
>
> in the device section.
>
> Or, continue using the 2.6.26 kernel.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Waldo
>
> 2009/4/26 emikaadeo <emikaadeo@gmail.com>
>
> > Well, I was testing earlier Kubuntu 9.04 on my machine - ( Kernel 2.6.28 +
> > intel 2.6.3 )
> > and the performance was a lot better i must say.
> > On Debian, even moving or resizing window with desktop effects enabled is
> > slower than on Kubuntu.
> > (but i don't want to use Kubuntu ;)
> > I've heard that kernel 2.6.30 got some improvements for Intel cards and
> > gives a lot better performance with Intel drivers 2.7.0 compare
> > to kernel 2.6.29 with the same drivers.
> >

> > --

Thanks!
I decided to stay with 2.6.29 kernel.
So as you've suggest I added  to xorg.conf:
Option          "Tiling"        "false"
and now desktop effects works smoothly and fast.

my actual /etc/X11/xorg.conf - section Device:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Configured Video Device"
	Option		"AccelMethod"			"UXA"
	Option		"Tiling"			"false"