Re: Wrong keyboard after KDE4.2 startup, ok after a while

On Sunday, 2009-04-26, Stephan Hachinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a bizarre problem here. My system is lenny, with qt 4.4.3, X.Org
> 1.4.2 and recompiled KDE 4.2.2 from unstable. The kernel is a self-compiled
> 2.6.28. keyboard layouts are deactivated in kcontrol; activating them
> didn't change anything to the better.
>
> After I start KDE, the keyboard layout for ~the first 2 apps I start is US.
> Typically I have this in the program starter (lancelot or kickoff), and in
> the first iceweasel I start afterwards. For all apps I start then (e.g. if
> I kill lancelot and then press the K menu) it's perfectly ok. If I only
> start an xterm instead of kde, and then iceweasel, there seems to be no
> problem at all (i.e. I have German layout).

I had a keyboard layout problem last sunday when updating my SID box.
Turned out I had Xorg updated but hadn't updated the respective HAL version
yet.

Since it now handles the input device settings, it asks for the layout and
variant settings.

Cheers,
Kevin