Re: Lancelot locks accessing NTFS partition

El Jueves 09 Abril 2009 16:46:44 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. escribió:
> How is a non-technical Debian user supposed to know if a bug is Debian-
> specific or not without installing a different distribution?

Asking in upstream forums to see if users of different distributions are experiencing the same problems? From my common user's point of view it doesn't seem to me that hard.

As Sune, or Modestas, I dont remember, have said, if they had more manpower perhaps some suggestions you make would be factible; but users have to admit that sometimes we demand too much from a group of not so many people who work as much as they can in their spare time, therefore "do it perfectly or you better don't do it" may be a bit harsh demand. I'd admit such dialectics in case Debian were a corporate-mantained distribution which is constantly advertising itself and telling the users "hey, we are cooler than others, use us", but not being this the case I think users must do some search before flooding Debain mantainers with bug reports which may be not their fault, and if we don't want to do such effort, well, we have Kubuntu, Suse and other distros mor "user-friendly".
This isn't of course an excuse to say that users have to "obey" mantainers' will unconditionally, but considering the nature of Debian there should be some equilibrium.

I repeat: I'm saying this from an "ignorant", and perhaps wrong, ergo totally humble, point of view.

Pax et amor , ;)