Re: Idea for smooth migration to KDE 4

On Monday 17 November 2008 16:16:09 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Today I had an idea for smoothly migrating to KDE 4:
>
> I backup my ~/.kde and just use my KDE 4 Debian Sid/Experimental
> virtualbox and mount my home directory via vboxfs. KDE 4 should use .kde4
> in my home directory and then I could migrate the configuration of KDE
> applications one by one, still having KDE 3 stuff in my physical
> environment. Once I am satisfied I update the physical box with
> lenny/sid/experimental to KDE 4.
>
> Should work out, shouldn't it?
>
> Ciao,

Well, that's smooth... perhaps too much. I just backed up .kde (just in case
something goes wrong), and installed kde4. Copied the important stuff of .kde
in .kde4. Done.

I'm not comming back :-)

--
FAQ del pequeño tomi:
P- ¿Porque los programas necesitan tanta RAM hoy?

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/