Re: Why KDE4 ktorrent in Lenny?

El Miércoles, 27 de Agosto de 2008, Mike Bird escribió:
> The Debian KDE team has wisely decided to provide KDE3 as the
> default in Lenny, with KDE4 as an option.  Ktorrent goes against
> this policy and the result is (I choose these words deliberately)
> disfunctional, buggy, fragile, and ugly.  I don't know how well
> ktorrent 3.1.1 behaves when surrounded by a full KDE4 install, but
> I can tell you that "apt-get install ktorrent" in KDE3 Lenny gives
> a ktorrent which is painful and embarrassing.

I'm curious: What's the missing functionality of ktorrent 3.1.1?

I've used it since it was the default, more or less, and I've found it stable,
and with much more functionality that I need (I just needed to activate 2
plugins, and none of them is a must have for me).

I don't do anything special with torrents, but I've downloaded a lot of stuff
without problems, though. Maybe it's a plugin that is compromising stability.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2