Re: Upgrade was mostly fine, but a few problems left

On Thursday 31 July 2008 12:49:58 Ferdinand Smit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've upgraded my system to 4.1 by aptitude -t experimental install kde4.
> It
> looks a bit scary so i created backup and got the install done.
>
> The upgrade was fine ! Great job ! KDE 4.1 looks and works nice !
>
> But ... there are a few problems left, that i can not fix:
> * Where did my address book and my calender go in kontact ? Can i import
> * them
> again in kontact 4.1 ? My mail and my mail settings seems fine.

They didn't go. KDE 4 is using ~/.kde4 to store all data, while KDE 3 uses
~/.kde

What I did was to copy ~./kde/share/ to ~./kd/share, in a console without kde
running. It is not the best solution I guess, but it worked for me.

The rest I cannot say. I don't use effects as I have a %$&$%&$% NVidia card

--
La ciencia sin la religión es renga,
la religión sin la ciencia es ciega.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer