Strange window management problem

I'm running KDE 3.3.2 on a Sarge box, operating remotely via VNC.

Unfortunately after working for some time on the machine, there is
liable to be a change in the handing of mouse clicks, so that I can only
select a window by clicking on the border (or its "icon" in the
taskbar), clicks into the body of the window are ignored. The only way
I've found of reverting to th desired behaviour is to exit KDE and stop
the VNS server and restart it.

Does anyone know how to prevent this problem happening or even how to
restore the click handling without exiting KDE?

This never used to happen when I was running locally (not an option now
as I'm several thousand miles from the box).

FWIW the client is a Sparc machine with Solaris 10.

TIA
	James

| James Tappin           | School of Physics & Astronomy |  O__    |
| sjt@star.sr.bham.ac.uk | University of Birmingham      | --  \/` |
| Ph: 0121-414-6462. Fax: 0121-414-3722                  |         |