RE: HOWTO: disable wallpaper images in Konqueror filemanager windows globally

I'm not sure about that, but in KDE 3.5.6, when you change the layout of Konqueror, like changing the background or the presentation of the file, you have an option in the menu option and you can save your profile, like the file browser profile :)

Sylvain

From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@lichtvoll.de>
To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Subject: HOWTO: disable wallpaper images in Konqueror filemanager windows globally
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 21:29:49 +0200

Hello!

I have kde4ever.png in every Konquerer filemanager window. I find this
really annoying. Partly due to that I prefer that alternately colored
table rows that I get when specifying a white background and partly due
to rendering errors with kde4ever.png as soon as I scroll a Konqueror
window with detailed list view.

I set background to use white color for my home directory, but then I
still had to change it for  sub directories of my home directory. I then
found .directory files containing BgImage definitions. I deleted those so
that the folders should get a default setting.

Butl Konqueror defaults to give windows where I did not explicetely set
the white color as a background that default background background image
specified in

~/.kde/share/config/konquerorrc

which is that kde4ever.png here.

I also found a BgColor in there and actually was able to activate it by
removing the image file name from the background image option:

martin@shambala:.kde/share/config> grep "Bg" konquerorrc
BgColor=255,255,255
BgImage=

(Do not remove "BgImage=" completely or you will get funny effects)

Now finally Konqueror seems to do what I want.

Is there actually somewhere a GUI based config option for that? I did not
found anything. If not, I think I will file a bug report about that. Well
maybe I really just missed it, but I think this should not be hidden that
well.

Anyway this may help someone seeking to disable wallpapers in Konqueror
filemanager mode globally, too, and facing the same problem of finding
the right configuration option for it.

This issue was getting me quite mad this evening. It took me more than a
hour to persuade Konqueror to do what I want. I even tried with a PNG
image consisting of white pixels first.

Regards,

<< signature.asc >>

Windows Live Hotmail with drag and drop, you can easily move and organize your mail in one simple step. Get it today! www.newhotmail.ca?icid=WLHMENCA153