Re: bug #403133 - print from kpdf fails, add file name to command and it works

Le jeudi 11 janvier 2007 22:30, Modestas Vainius a écrit :
> (...)
>
> That is not the command which should executed be when you choose "Print to
> File (PDF)". It seems that your configuration is broken somewhere.
>
> By the way, I've found "Print to a PDF file" in my user ~/.kde config
> files. KDE wouldn't let me choose it for printing, but it was there. KDE
> 3.5.5 no longer has this "special printer" because it is superseeded by
> "Print to File (PDF)". So I recommend you (if you don't have jobs pending
> and haven't customised kdeprint)
>
> $ rm -rf ~/.kde/share/apps/kdeprint
>
> -- OR if you have heavily customised kdeprint --
>
> $ editor ~/.kde/share/apps/kdeprint/specials.desktop
>
> and remove obsolete entries. Default KDE entries can be found
> at /usr/share/apps/kdeprint/specials.desktop.
>
> `kbuildsycoca` or even KDE log off & log on might be needed for changes to
> take effect.
>
> You can also try editing printer list via kcontrol module "printers".
>
> I'm closing this bug... Reopen if steps above do not help.

Well.. I don't know if it should be reopened, but it still does not work.

I did the steps above, logged off and in again and tried. It "worked" (in the
way "did not gave errors", because the given PDF was totally unreadable.

BUT, I tried with a second file and got a similar error, though with another
command :

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

Unable to start child print process. Check the command syntax:
gs -q -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -sOutputFile=$out{/tmp/print2.pdf} -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -c .setpdfwrite -f %in

I'm really sorry for having errors, but...

Regards,

Didier

--
5174 DF20 B82E 613D C14A A92B C16D 679C E9A2 78F0