possible bug writing to /etc/network/intefaces

I may have found a bug in Debian Etch/KDE 3.5.5

It appears that the file /etc/network/interfaces is written to incorrectly when modifying the Network Setting.

In KDE, I go to Control Center -> Network Settings. A dialog comes up entitled "Unsupported Platform" and asks to select a supported platform. Strangely (but this is not the problem) Debian Gnu/Linux 4.0 Etch is listed (it is the OS I am running). So I select it. Then in Domain Name System tab, I add a domain name server. This adds the specified server to /etc/resolv.conf, but as a side effect, these 2 lines are added to /etc/network/interfaces:
address 127.0.0.1
netmask 255.0.0.0

These lines cause the error this error on boot:

configuring network interfaces file /etc/network/interfaces:10
misplaced option
ifup couldn't read interfaces file /etc/network/interfaces

which in turn cause KDE to hang at Initializing System services.

If I replace the interfaces file with the original interfaces file, KDE boots normally.

I think the 2 lines (address & netmask) are intended for use with a static IP address. If I switch from dhcp to static ip and set the ip addr, subnet mask and gateway, the interfaces has this:

allow-hotplug eth2
iface eth2 inet static
address 192.168.0.102
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.0.1

and it doesn't flag an error on boot (and thus kde starts with no problems)

It may be the case that wehn system is dhcp, setting the DNS and such doesn't make sense, but it nonetheless is possible to screw up the system by doing this.