Re: kdm background - where?

Hi,

| Over the past few days, my kdm background (a sort of swirl of blue)
| has dissappeared.  Instead I have a solid mid blue background.
|
| my /etc/kde3/kdm/backgroundrc file refers to
|
| Wallpaper=debian-kde_default.png
|
| but searching my complete hard drive for such a filename fails to
| find it.
|
| I am keen to understand where it should be located and replace it
| (what package should it be in?), [. . .]

I use the testing distribution of Debian, both at work and at home.
It seems that debian-kde_default.png is basically included in the
kdebase-data package, but version 4:3.5.5a.dfsg.1-2, which I use
at work does have it, but version 4:3.5.5a.dfsg.1-5, which I use
at home does not.  That means that the latest upgrade (yesterday or
the day before yesterday) eliminated it.

Today when I switched on my home machine, I noticed that the login
background has changed.

By the way, the file is /usr/share/wallpapers/debian-kde_default.png
in my work machine.  If you need it, I could send it to you.
(But, I might upgrade my work machine soon, losing the file.
 So hurry up if you want to ask :-)

Regards,
Ryo