Re: kdm background - where?

Am Samstag 06 Januar 2007 11:14 schrieb Alan Chandler:
> When I end my current session, instead of seeing kdm's login
> screen I just have a completely blue background.  Even worse than that
> Ctrl-Alt-F1 does not bring up the console but a blank grey screen
>
> The only way to do anything is to ctrl-alt-backspace followed by
> ctrl-alt-del which reboots the machine
>
> I suspect some combination of xorg-xserver and my i810 video not
> working, but before submitting a bug report I just want to rule out a
> kdm problem.

I also use i810 and see this behaviour only when trying to restart the X
server from within X. Going to a VT first and running "/etc/init.d/kdm
restart" works, though. However, shutting down from within X works.

I also use the framebuffer to get a nice VT and I actually blame the crappy
video output situation under linux for this.
Try without framebuffer, without DRI and without XVMC support and maybe that
fixes it.

HS