Re: Can't Print With Cups From KDE 3.5.3

Florian Kulzer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 22:57:57 -0400, Rick Friedman wrote:
>> I have seen that other people have had this problem. Unfortunately, I
>> haven't really seen a solution.
>>
>> I'm running Debian Sid. When ever I try to print from any KDE program I
>> receive the following message:
>>
>>     An error occurred while retrieving the printer list:
>>
>>     Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
>> correctly installed and running. Error: host not found.
>>
>> KDE seems to be looking for the server at: /var/run/cups/cups.sock:631
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated.

This solved the problem! Making the indicated change in
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf  was the answer. I don't know why I couldn't find
it when I searched the archives.

Anyway, thanks! Your help was really appreciated.

Rick
--
Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.