Re: [SOLVED] Define KDEHOME

Kevin Krammer wrote on Sun, 26 Nov 2006 01:28:10 +0100:
>I think Martin is mistaking it for KDEDIR, which is phased out because
>there is KDEDIRS
>
>The best way to set KDEHOME is to extend the environment of startkde
>by putting a file with the respective export statement into the env/
>directory

I haven't found something like this, but the point to the startkde was
really useful.

In /usr/bin/startkde I found the following in line 51:

# The user's personal KDE directory is usually ~/.kde, but this setting
# may be overridden by setting KDEHOME.

So I added the following line
export KDEHOME=~/.kde-isis

and ev'rything works fine.