Re: How to remove subcomponents of KDE?

Lørdag 02 september 2006 15:26 skrev Kevin Krammer:
> On Saturday 02 September 2006 15:11, Ryo Furue wrote:
> >    # aptitude remove kde
>
> Try
> apt-get remove kde
>
> aptitude is usally better because it can also remove packages that just
> there for dependeny issues, but in this case it over does it :)

I disagree. For more than one reason. You shouldn't use both apt-get and
aptitude as they handle dependencies differently. And what you recommend
might even screw up aptitudes dependency handling, so next time you use it,
it might screw up KDE anyway.

The correct sollution to this is to go through the list of the KDE
metapackage's dependencies, and manually mark the packages you want.

It might be easiest to install the KDE-core metapackage and then select the
expansion packages you need (that's what I do).

As Hendrik Sattler noted, you should look into how aptitudes m/M commands
work.

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.4 - KMail 1.9.3 -