Re: Remote logins with KDM

On Sun, Aug 27, 2006 at 01:38:40PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> > However, I cannot log in directly, without launching KDE on the laptop
> > first. When running a local login session on the laptop, I choose "Start
> > New Session" from the K menu to bring up a new KDM window, and select
> > "Remote Login" there. I can see the desktop in the list of available
> > servers, but when I double-click its hostname, KDM flickers and
> > restarts.

> Why don't you use x11vnc on your home machine ?

Uhm, because it doesn't solve the problems I'm trying to solve.

1) x11vnc exports the current physical display from the desktop, which
means that I couldn't be logged in from the laptop while my girlfriend
was logged in on the desktop

2) Anybody who wanted to use x11vnc on the laptop would need to log in
there first. I am trying to avoid creating multiple accounts on the
laptop.

Dave
--
Dave Page <grimoire@sparky.ox.compsoc.net>