Re: konqueror really slow

On Mon 17. July 2006 18:03, you wrote:
> But thanks for the hints: It seems to be a matter of DNS
> lookup. If I use the ip-adresse instead, konqueror will show
> the page within one or two seconds (both the router page and
> www.kde.org).
>
> Any ideas where to look next?

This may be very helpful
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=netiquette#offlist
otherwise, I have no idea -- IMHO mozilla should use DNS server
exactly in the same manner as konqueror. Do you have any local
DNS server (dnsmasq, bind, or something)?

Best,

Matěj

http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma@jabber.cz
23 Marion St. #3, (617) 876-1259, ICQ 132822213

Science is meaningless because it gives no answer to our
question, the only question important to us: ``What shall we do
and how shall we live?''
    -- Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy